Als Liebenzeller Mission trauern wir um die Toten bei den Anschlägen in Sri Lanka. Wir sind mit den Christen im Land verbunden, besonders mit Ajith Fernando von „Youth for Christ Sri Lanka“. Er war beim Pfingstmissionsfest 2014 unser Hauptredner. Ajith Fernando schrieb uns folgende Zeilen zur aktuellen Situation im Land, die wir hier auf Englisch veröffentlichen.
Thanks for the outpouring of concern I have received in the mail after the bomb blasts in Sri Lanka. The latest figures seem to leave us with at least 290 dead and 500 injured from the eight bombings. Some arrests have been made.
I do not want to speculate on who is responsible, as that could unnecessarily implicate those who are not involved in this crime. It is better to be safe and remain silent than to give false witness which is a serious sin. We pray that God would guide the security officials to whom he has given the authority to be agents of his wrath, punishing wrongdoers (Rom. 13). As for Christians, we will do what we can to be agents of peace in our fractured land (Rom. 12:14-21).
The Zion church in Batticaloa where about 29 were killed is a vibrant church at which I have preached several times. The pastor was out of the country at the time of the bomb blast. The sister of our YFC leader in Eastern Sri Lanka Thamendran was worshipping there and is fighting for her life in hospital with head injuries. A young man from our sports ministry lost one of his legs in the Colombo explosion. A neighbour couple of ours and their daughter died and their young son is in the hospital. As far as we know there is one former YFC clubber who died in Colombo.
- Please pray that the church would act with maturity reflecting the holy-love of God: on the one hand, insisting that the authorities will carry out a thoroughgoing investigation and will punish the wrongdoers; and on the other hand, personally and corporately showing love to all, including our enemies.
- Pray that the church would faithfully carry out its calling to be an agent of healing in broken situations.
- Pray for the injured and for their speedy recovery.
- Pray for the emotionally scarred and for their steady recovery.
- Pray for God’s comfort and strength to the many Christian and non-Christian people who have been devastated by the loss of their loved ones.
- Pray also that extremist forces would not use these incidents to cause unrest in the country.
HOLY-LOVE MUST WIN IN THE END!
Der Beitrag erschien zuerst auf Meine Mission.